A poker game is a complicated game no matter how fun or exciting and maybe easy as it seems. Just like everybody else, everyone started from scratch. Professional poker players did not have any lucky trinkets to help them win on their first try. And just because one was born to play does not mean that they never learned the rules and regulations, even the basics. However, here they are battling like their life depends on it.
The Texas Hold’em is the most basic poker game of them all. That is the game everyone has started to play during their first tries. Up to now, it is the most popular game of poker there is and you can find it being played in pretty much every website you can think of. Listed below are some of the most well-known poker games.
Texas Hold’em – Or the “Cadillac of Poker”, this game typically involves 2 to 10 players.
Omaha Poker – Originally from the Texas Hold’em, and thus, allows players, that also involve 2 to 10 players, of the first game to play this one with ease.
Seven-Card Stud – The original king of the poker game. Many of the original players had to go through this game to learn the basics.
Other poker games include:
- 2-7 triple draw
- Omaha Hi-Lo
- 7-card stud and 8-ot-better
- Open-face Chinese (OFC) Poker
- Pineapple open-face Chinese (OFC) Poker
- Six-plus hold’em poker
- RAZZ poker
Tips and Tricks
- Hands are a Treasure – There is such a thing called the system of hand rankings. The highest-ranked is the Royal Flush, which is five cards of the same suit, ranked ace through ten. Then comes the Straight Flush, which is five cards of the same suit of consecutive ranks. Next is the Four-of-a-Kind and is then followed by the Full House, which is three of a kind plus one pair. The Flush, the Straight and the Three-of-a-Kind, Two Pair, One Pair and then the High Card or no pair. These are applied in the Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Seven-Card Stud, and Five-Card Draw. While in games such as Razz or Deuce-to-Seven triple draw, the rankings are upside down, that is, the worst cardholder in the previous games is the winner.
- Blinds and Ante Bets – Blind bets are made in games such as Texas Hold’em and Omaha because they are forced to bet before having dealt with their cards. Antes are for stud games, players place their bets before the hand begins.
- Limit vs. No Limit – No limit games allow players to bet as much as they want, including the infamous “all in”. When talking about pot-limit, that means there is a pot where players can only bet without tipping over.
- Action – There are many different actions in the game of poker. This include:
- Check: decline to bet
- Fold: withdraw from the hand if another player has made a bet
- Bet: placing your bet on the table
- Raise: adding more chips, usually higher than the opponent
- Call: matching the bet of your opponents to stay in the game
- The Betting Rounds – In games like Texas Hold’em and Omaha, there are betting rounds such as…
- Preflop: The bets made before dealing
- Flop: The bets made after the three continuity cards
- Turn: The bets made after the fourth community card
- River: The bets made after the fifth and last community card
- Table Stakes – Whatever amount you had during the start of the game is all you can bet, you cannot take out your wallet and add in some more
Go online and search for bet77, surely you will find the site that you have been looking for.